Sound Particles Forums
How is an audio file scanned? - Printable Version

+- Sound Particles Forums (http://forums.soundparticles.com)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://forums.soundparticles.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: I Need Help (http://forums.soundparticles.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How is an audio file scanned? (/showthread.php?tid=227)

How is an audio file scanned? - eenixon - 05-03-2018

For example, using the "Big City" template and a brief piece of poetry:

I find that the overwhelming majority of elements that show up in the render are from the first 1 or 2 seconds of the file, the first phrase. I've experimented with the Random Delay option in Audio Modifiers, changing the distribution and length -- both minimum and maximum -- but the underlying behaviour remains the same. What does seem to change is the bunching/clustering of overlapping segments.

What I'd like to understand better is how one manages the rate and extent of the motion of the 'play head' over the duration of the, in this case, single audio file.

Thanks for your help.                      ...edN

RE: How is an audio file scanned? - Ricardo Sousa - 05-10-2018

(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)eenixon Wrote: For example, using the "Big City" template and a brief piece of poetry:

I find that the overwhelming majority of elements that show up in the render are from the first 1 or 2 seconds of the file, the first phrase. I've experimented with the Random Delay option in Audio Modifiers, changing the distribution and length -- both minimum and maximum -- but the underlying behaviour remains the same. What does seem to change is the bunching/clustering of overlapping segments.

What I'd like to understand better is how one manages the rate and extent of the motion of the 'play head' over the duration of the, in this case, single audio file.

Hi!

We're very sorry for the delay in our response, we have been exploring your issue...

And we found that it's definitely a bug regarding the Granular Synthesis functionality. When it's activated, with none of the checkboxes activated, each particle should be playing a randomly selected [timed] block of the audio file(s), and currently it's only playing the selected seconds starting from the beginning of the audio file.

We are now working on a fix, and we'll definitely launch it in our next update.

RE: How is an audio file scanned? - eenixon - 05-10-2018

(05-10-2018, 09:27 AM)Ricardo Sousa Wrote:
(05-03-2018, 02:12 PM)eenixon Wrote: For example, using the "Big City" template and a brief piece of poetry:

Hi!

We're very sorry for the delay in our response, we have been exploring your issue...

And we found that it's definitely a bug regarding the Granular Synthesis functionality. When it's activated, with none of the checkboxes activated, each particle should be playing a randomly selected [timed] block of the audio file(s), and currently it's only playing the selected seconds starting from the beginning of the audio file.

We are now working on a fix, and we'll definitely launch it in our next update.

Thanks for looking into this; I look forward to the update! Regards             ...edN